Join Our Team
At LifeX, we are tackling some of the world's biggest health problems. Are you interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following opportunities:
Manager of Marketing Communications
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work collaboratively with senior leadership to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to broaden the impact of LifeX and oversee organizational messaging.
The role consists of the following responsibilities:
Marketing, 50%. In partnership with the leadership team, the manager is responsible for creating, implementing and managing a marketing and communications program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the general public and with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications and website.
- Ensure the highest quality of internal and external communications through copy writing, copy-editing, proofreading, graphic design support, problem-solving, and careful review at all stages of a project
- Supports the team by updating collateral and external facing presentations
- Tightly manage creative/marketing agencies
- A go-to, in-house expert on brand guidelines, voice and tone
Public Relations, 25%
- Write, direct, manage the creation of timely press releases, and media contact in relation to happenings at Lifex
- Act as the organization’s representative with the media.
- As needed, engage diverse group of constituents via various social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, and the LifeX website) with information/communication that is timely, relevant, interesting, and informative
Project Management, 25%
- As needed, organize and execute events and initiatives benefiting LifeX's mission and programs
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline adherence.
To Apply: Complete the application process through the University of Pittsburgh portal posting for the LifeX Marketing Communications Manager. Please be sure to choose "Other" and enter "LifeX Website" as how you heard of this position.